Welcome to Winchester Rural North and East PCN
We Serve over 44,000 Patients
The purpose of the Network is to support member GP Practices to improve resilience and stability, to provide value for money services for commissioners and stakeholders and develop innovative, cost-effective primary and community services that respond to people’s needs.
The Network formed in 2019. In our first year we:
- Established a social prescribing service to support mental wellbeing of children and young people
- Improved access by setting up joint appointments with a Paediatric consultant and GPs at our local practices for children
- Developed links with Community services and local authorities to improve the coordination of care for patients.
- Developed Care Home MDT's with the involvement of all of our practices and nursing homes with the wider community services who serve them
We established a vaccine centre at the Holiday Inn Winchester and worked collaboratively with retired staff from our practices, the Rotary Club and the YMCA.
We plan to establish a new office space in our Network to expand our staff numbers to support patients and staff in the Covid recovery phase and to enhance our collaborative working. One of our key priorities will be the Early Diagnosis of Cancer as well as the Development of an adult Mental Health Team. We are recruiting a joint post in Mental health alongside Southern Health who will help to develop this team and liason between Primary and Secondary Care.
Get your COVID-19 vacination at the Holiday Inn Winchester now!
for more info, click here: Covid vacinations in Winchester
Coronavirus News and Information
Our current news stories include
- Scientists should start vaccinating over-12s, says expert
- Doctors in England ration blood tests due to sample bottle shortage
Local Services Directory
Local community groups and services to help improve your
health and wellbeing. General health and/ or specific conditions catered for.
Work with us
Looking for a new career? Why not check out our current vacancies.
The NHS website. Take control of your health and wellbeing. Get medical advice, information about healthcare services and support for a healthy life.